Monday, March 21, 2011

Rain wont stop us!!!

I grew up LOVING the rain. Which was good since I was born and raised in Brookings Oregon, where we tend to get, a LOT of rain, at least in the winter. Anyways, when everyone else was complaining about rain, I was excited for it. There are a lot of things that are just better with rain:) Sleeping with your window open, running outside(as long as you end your run at the high school football field and have your sister and best friends with you to mud wrestle with) board games, all better when there is rain. And then I had children. Yes I still love to listen to the rain outside when I'm falling asleep, and enjoy a good rain run, as long as someone is home to watch the girls, but for the most part I have found it just makes for a LoooNG couple of months, stuck indoors, with some very energetic toddlers! In Seattle we had so many winter options, Kids Quest every Friday night, a trip to the aquarium, or just walking through the mall. But now that we are back on this beautiful Oregon Coast, I find myself more and more dreading the months of rain, and looking forward to the sunshine and trips to the park and the beach again, which can make for an even longer rainy season:) So we spend our days having tea parties, cutting paper, you cant imagine how much kids love to just sit and cut paper, and yes we have an occasional bundled up trip to the beach, in the rain, but sometimes we just need something more. Benjamin got a package in the mail the other day with all this brown paper. The girls found it and started tearing it apart until mamma, the smart woman that I am :), had a fun idea...here we go for a fun winter art project.....kept the girls busy for at least an hour! YAY!!!





And now our only problem...deciding which lucky gramma will be getting this in the mail :) :) :)























No comments:

Post a Comment