Monday, April 25, 2011

Egg fun with my girls!!!

I love when I can combine 'arts & crafts' time with 'bring a desert' time, and I think the girls like it too:) A few years ago we did the rice crispy treats that you shape into an egg, and dip into chocolate and sprinkles and candies, and while it was fun, and delish, we didn't end up eating many of the eggs it was just too much. So this year I decided we would cut the eggs with a cookie cutter instead of shaping them into full on eggs, and go from there. When I found out we needed to bring a desert to the station Easter egg hunt I thought, YAY an excuse to do my fun craft time with the girls!!!





After I had all the eggs cut and laid out, I melted down white chocolate chips and we began in the decorating fun...



Thank you to my sweet husband for making a store run for some icing after I was knuckle deep in white chocolate and we realised that our sprinkles just werent going to cut it as far as Easter egg fabulous-ness goes...



The girls loved this little project, and I must admit I thought they turned out pretty cute. They seemed to be a hit at the Easter party at the station the next day too, especially with the pregnant wifeys:) Happy Easter!!!



























1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute and look like so much fun to make!! I can't wait to see you so soon!!

    ReplyDelete