Sunday, April 10, 2011

It was one of Benjamin's good buddy's birthdays this weekend so he put in a special order for my yummy tie dye cupcakes. I went and grabbed the white frosting, and cake mix, got home put the girls down to bed and started another tie dye cupcake night. Girls were passed out, and the mix was all made up separated out and colored when I started putting the cupcake papers in my pan only to find that I only had 10 left! No worries my husband, who I called in a panic at work to beg him to fix my problem, said...10 is plenty for Josh...just make a cake with the rest! Sure a cake...here we go! I decided that since the frosting was in so many colors anyway, for the tie dye cupcakes of course, that I should have some fun with the cake frosting as well....Id say things turned out pretty cute since I have never attempted any kind of cake decorating before, I order birthday cakes to be pink sparkly princess spectacular, here is the Easter fun the girls got to wake up to the next morning...and couldn't wait to take to Daddy....Daddy couldn't have been more impressed with my skills! ;) Did I mention half way through frosting mess Makaia woke up....ahhh...this is how the kitchen looked when I was finished...at least she wasn't a grump in the middle of the night...

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! And I like your chore chart, is that working good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the chore chart! Actually it works sooo good! They get a sticker before brushing teeth at bedtime if we (mom, dad, and the girls) think they had a 'good' day lol. Right before they get ready for bedtime is when they have their 'chore' for the day, so thats a motivator cause they always do it knowing its close to chore chart time lol. And the word chore has become magic in my house...as long as I tell them its their 'chore' when Im asking them to do something, they are sooo willing to do it now. lol...yay! At the end of the week if they got all their stickers for the week, they either have an allowance that they can go spend, or a prize...just depending on what they want or what I have and want to give them lol!

    ReplyDelete